The boat yard that works for you!
Berkeley Marine Center, Inc., provides services on a “Time and Materials” basis. We are happy to provide a written estimate for planned work. Please contact us if you have any questions about our yard rates, payment terms, or to request an estimate.
Do-It-Yourself (DIY) Customers
- Payment for haul and launch and anticipated lay days is due prior to hauling the vessel.
- Payment of additional lay days and materials, etc., due in full prior to launch.
- Lay days apply even if you add BMC yard labor to your work order, unless we work more than 4 hours on your boat in a day.
BMC Yard Labor Customers
- Payment for haul and launch charge is due prior to hauling the vessel.
- Payment for bottom package is due prior to hauling the vessel, additional materials (paint) charges due prior to launching the vessel.
- Progress bills are created on or about the 5th and the 20th of the month. Progress bill payments are due within 3 days to insure continued work on your boat.
- Lay days may apply to any vessel when BMC work is complete. Lay days apply to any vessel not picked up within 24 hours of launch, unless other arrangements are made prior to launch.
- If you need to add any jobs to your work order, please go to the front desk to add them, or send an email to email@example.com. All work order additions must be in writing.
|Haul & Launch up to 29 ft||$13/ft|
|Haul & Launch 30 to 39 ft||$14/ft|
|Haul & Launch 40 ft and over||$16/ft|
|Charge for 4 straps||$100|
|Charge for extra dirty bottom||$50|
|Above includes wash & environmental fees|
|*If there are mussels and leafy growth on the bottom, we will not haul the boat until it is cleaned by a diver.|
|Days of Haul & Launch||FREE|
|*Increasing $.50 (fifty cents) per foot per day every 2 weeks|
|Mast daily rate||$15/day|
|Dock daily rate and boats left over 24 hours after launch||$2/ft|
|Move stands fee||$30|
|Full Day (over 4 hours)||$25|
|Half Day (under 4 hours)||$12.50|
|CRANE: Masts, engines, etc. (1/2 hour minimum)||$300/hr|
|Crane requires at least 1 marine technician assistant||$110/hr|
|TRAVEL LIFT: Rudders, keels, etc. (1/4 hour minimum)||$300/hr|
|FORKLIFT: (1/4 hour minimum)||$200/hr|
|General labor (excludes materials)||$110/hr|
|Skilled labor including fiberglass and structural repairs and fabrication, electrical and electronics, plumbing, engine mechanic, spray painting, Metal Shop welding and fabrication, Wood Shop, and Rig Shop||$120/hr|
|Using Hard Bottom paint, 1 coat rolled (Up to 39 ft)||$50/ft*|
|Using Hard Bottom paint, 1 coat rolled (40 ft and over)||$56/ft*|
|Using Ablative paint, 2 coats rolled (Up to 39 ft)||$59/ft*|
|Using Ablative paint, 2 coats rolled (40 ft and over)||$66/ft*|
|If paint is brought into the yard||$10/gallon "corkage" fee|
*Bottom package prices apply if bottom is in good condition, requiring standard preparation. Extra dirty bottom will have extra charge based on condition.
|Up to 39 ft||$70/ft*|
|40 ft and over||$78/ft*|
|ADDITIONAL COAT OF PAINT||$10/ft|
|CUSTOMER-SUPPLIED PAINT||$10/gallon "corkage" fee|
*Racing Package prices apply if bottom is in good “spraying” condition, requiring standard preparation.
Berkeley Marine Center is not liable for any damage to a vessel due to its inability to withstand a normal haul and launch as a result of its age, construction or design.